Press Release Archive
Lake County Educational FCU: Small Credit Union, Big Success Story
June 24, 2014
CSCU member reaches its highest loan balance after implementing recommendations from Portfolio Consulting Services.
City Co Federal Credit Union Launches Credit Card Start-Up with ProDirect® from CSCU; Secures First-Place CAMEO Win
April 18, 2014
City Co employed a direct mail campaign using ProDirect® from CSCU, a customizable, CARD Act-compliant tool that automatically selects members to receive a direct mail promotion based on customizable parameters.
CSCU Member Offers Credit Lines Increases, Grows Outstanding Balances 200% Year Over Year
March 27, 2014
Facing increased regulatory compliance brought about by the Credit CARD Act of 2009, credit unions have retreated from offering credit line increases.
CSCU Appoints Vicki Hawkins to Board of Directors
March 27, 2014
CSCU has appointed Vicki Hawkins, President and CEO of Dort Federal Credit Union, to its Board of Directors. Based in Flint, Michigan, Dort has more than $558 million in assets and more than 64,000 members.
Heritage Valley Federal Credit Union Highlights Credit Cards with Added Online Functionality; Garners Major Returns
December 12, 2013
CSCU member Heritage Valley Federal Credit Union of York, PA strategically redesigned its website to prominently display its credit card offering, and as a result has increased new accounts, credit lines, penetration and outstanding balances.
Captain Phillips Sets Sail for CSCU’s 2014 Solutions Conference as Keynote Speaker
November 1, 2013
CSCU announces Captain Richard Phillips, the real-life inspiration for the movie “Captain Phillips,” starring Tom Hanks, will serve as a keynote speaker for its 2014 Solutions Conference, to be held at the Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club in St. Petersburg, Fla., May 14 - 18, 2014.
MasterPass™ by MasterCard® Now Available to CSCU Members
October 24, 2013
CSCU is now offering members a more secure and efficient digital shopping experience through access to MasterPass™ by MasterCard®.
Westmark Credit Union Sees Surge in New Account Volume
As First CSCU Member to Offer ePix from FIS™ on Pass-Through Platform
October 10, 2013
CSCU announces the availability of FIS’ ePix®, a customizable photo card solution allowing members to showcase their favorite photo on a debit or credit card, to credit unions using a pass-through operating model.
CSCU ADDS VALUE AND EXPERIENCE TO ADVISORY COMMITTEE WITH NEW EXECUTIVES
September 17, 2013
CSCU announces five new members have joined its Advisory Committee.
Monitise and CSCU Partner to Provide Mobile Money Solutions to Credit Unions
September 4, 2013
Monitise’s premier Bank Anywhere solution now available to over 2,600 CSCU member credit unions.
Service 1st Federal Credit Union Surpasses Industry Standard, Achieves 4% Direct Mail Response Rate with ProDirect® from CSCU
August 1, 2013
Service 1st Federal Credit Union of Danville, PA has yielded a 4% response rate from a direct mail promotion, far exceeding the industry’s average of .2%.
CSCU Awards $10,000 to Community Outreach Scholarship Winners
June 28, 2013
– CSCU Community Outreach Scholarship program has awarded $10,000 to credit union members that are building relationships and giving back to their own communities.
Wendy Nolan Joins CSCU as Regional Sales Manager
June 6, 2013
– CSCU announces Wendy Nolan has joined the company as regional sales manager of the Northeast region. In this position, Nolan will be responsible for providing credit union members with the tools necessary to manage their programs effectively and profitably.
TECU Credit Union Markets to Generation Y; Doubles New Accounts Year Over Year
May 29, 2013
– CSCU member TECU Credit Union of Wichita, KS announces The Care Card, a credit card strategically targeted to its Generation Y membership, which enables cardholders to turn rewards points into charitable donations through CSCU’s ScoreCard® rewards program.
Century Heritage Federal Credit Union Expands Offerings
May 22, 2013
– CSCU is pleased to announce that Century Heritage Federal Credit Union will offer its members mobile banking services, including a mobile browser and downloadable apps for both the iPhone and the Android, through a partnership with CSCU and MShift, Inc.
Velocity Credit Union Finds Speedy Success in 'Less is More' Approach to Credit Card Launch
May 20, 2013
– Since launching its credit card program in January 2013, CSCU member Velocity Credit Union of Austin, TX is poised to exceed its total outstanding balance goal for the year, already reaching $1 million in just over two months.
In Post-Durbin Era, Credit Unions Can Take Proactive Steps to Protect Debit Card Revenue
May 17, 2013
– With debit industry dynamics fundamentally altered by the Durbin Amendment, credit unions should be aware of strategies to protect their debit card revenue as even exempt issuers will likely be susceptible to reductions in interchange.
Marine Federal Credit Union Turns Credit Cards into Highest Yielding Asset
May 3, 2013
– With credit cards as its highest yielding asset, Marine Federal Credit Union attributes the over-performance to changes made to its card portfolio at the strategic guidance of CSCU.
Credit Unions Poised to Capitalize on Consumers’ Demand for Emerging Retail Products and Services
April 1, 2013
– With technologies changing in retail financial services, research shows the evolving consumer base looks to financial institutions first to introduce new products and services .
Weber State Credit Union Gains Credit Card Growth and Member Loyalty with Scorecard Rewards Program
March 26, 2013
– During three-month promotional period, Weber State’s Platinum Rewards credit card program grew 7% in the number of open and active accounts, 3.2% in the loan balance, and 12.6% year over year in interchange income.
CSCU Offers Member Credit Unions Valuable Credit and Debit Transaction Data as a Discount Provider of VisaVue Online
March 8, 2013
– CSCU is offering members the ability to capture data on every Visa credit and debit card transaction made with VisaVue Online.
CSCU Announces 2013 CAMEO Award Winners
March 8, 2013
– Best marketing campaigns of the year to be unveiled at annual conference.
CSCU Grows Roster of Member Credit Unions Offering Mobile Banking Capabilities
February 7, 2013
– CSCU announced three new credit unions will now offer members mobile banking services.
For CoastHills Federal Credit Union, CSCU Marketing Resources Lead to Substantial Business Growth
January 31, 2013
– CoastHills FCU of Lompoc, CA has taken full advantage of the suite of marketing resources available to it as a CSCU member.
CSCU White Paper: Member Segmentation Improves Your Bottom Line
January 28, 2013
– PCS from CSCU explains the value of member segmentation in its latest white paper.
CSCU Appoints Jeff York to Board of Directors
January 23, 2013
– CSCU has appointed Jeff York, president and CEO of CoastHills Federal Credit Union, to its Board of Directors.
Credit Unions that Consult with CSCU Show More than Double Revenue Growth from Card Portfolios
December 21, 2012
– Credit unions who take advantage of Portfolio Consulting Services (PCS) from Card Services for Credit Unions (CSCU) experience greater success than non-consulted credit unions, including an average of 2.3 times greater revenue growth from their card portfolios.
With Credit Unions Central to Mobile Banking Deployment, CSCU Urges Flexibility and Members Focus
December 14, 2012
– With smartphones making up nearly half of all handsets in the U.S., credit unions have an opportunity to play a critical role in the development of mobile payments.
CSCU Offers Credit Unions Strategy for EMV Adoption
November 19, 2012
– White paper oulines the EMV roadmap including timelines and key dates and implications for credit unions and analyzes considerations around various card issuance strategies.
Card Services for Credit Unions and Visa Begin Offering V.me by Visa
November 13, 2012
– CSCU and Visa announce an agreement to promote V.me to all of its member credit unions
CSCU Begins Accepting CAMEO Nominations
November 13, 2012
– CAMEO nominations are now open and a new CAMEO marketing portal tool has been launched.
CSCU Releases Credit Card Research Brief
October 25, 2012
– CSCU Study Shows Robust Credit Card Program is Credit Unions' Key to Improving Bottom Line and Enhancing Member Relationships.
CSCU Launches New EMV Resource Website
September 14, 2012
– Webcasts, white papers, articles, and resources to help credit unions understand the transition to EMV.
CSCU Releases Debit Research Brief
August 14, 2012
– Debit Optimization Improves Revenue and Retains Members
Credit Unions Experience Unmatched Savings with CSCU's Premium Enhancement Bundle
August 8, 2012
– CSCU is currently offering unprecedented discounts for a limited time with their Premium Enhancement Bundle.
VISA CARDHOLDER IN THE UNITED STATES WINS TRIP OF A LIFETIME TO LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES
July 24, 2012
– Visa announces winners of “Visa London 2012 Olympic Games Sweepstakes” in U.S.
IMPROVE YOUR CARD RESULTS WITH CSCU
July 6, 2012
– Free Webcast Series on: Penetration, Activation and Usage
FREE MARKETING MATERIALS FROM CSCU MAKE PROMOTIONS EASIER
July 5, 2012
– CSCU offers proven free marketing materials to member credit unions.
ADVANTAGE ONE FCU EXPANDS OFFERINGS WITH CSCU / MSHIFT MOBILE BANKING
June 21, 2012
–Advantage One Federal Credit Union will offer its members mobile banking services, including a mobile browser and downloadable shortcuts for Blackberry, iPhone and Android, Two Way, and Mobile Deposit through a partnership with CSCU and MShift, Inc.
CSCU RELEASES LOYALTY WHITE PAPER
June 1, 2012
–CSCU announces the release of a research brief to inform credit unions of the importance of a rewards program.
CSCU ANNOUNCES CUNA GAC WINNERS
May 25, 2012
–CSCU is pleased to announce its winners from the 2012 CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference.
Marine FCU Member/Marine Wins National Sweepstakes Grand Prize
April 10, 2012
–Members at Marine Federal Credit Union have been delighted with the latest offering from FIS™ and ScoreCard® through its membership with CSCU —the national “A Million & More Sweepstakes.”
CSCU TO PRESENT ANNUAL CARD MARKETING AWARDS
April 5, 2012
CSCU will award the recipients of the 2012 Card Marketing Awards (CAMEOs) at the CSCU
Annual Conference – Ignite2012.
CSCU Scholarships Winners Take Outreach to New Heights
March 1, 2012
Scholarship program recognizes and rewards credit unions that are building relationships and giving back in their own communities.
Annual Conference – Ignite2012.
CSCU RELEASES EMV WHITE PAPER
February 20, 2012
An innovative white paper to inform credit unions of current chip/PIN trends, why EMV is important and next steps for issuers.
Lafayette Schools Federal Credit Union Expands Offerings with CSCU/MShift Mobile Banking
February 1, 2012
Lafayette Schools' FCU will offer its members mobile banking services.
University of Illinois Employees Credit Union Wins Alumni Endorsement
January 25, 2012
ScoreCard drives loyalty to the UIECU card.
CSCU Announces Founder of Bank Transfer Day as Guest Speaker
January 24, 2012
Kristen Christian, strategist behind the Bank Transfer Day movement, will be speaking at CSCU's Annual Conference on Thursday, April 26, 2012.
SCE Federal Credit Union Expands Offerings with CSCU/MShift Mobile Banking
January 6, 2012
CSCU is pleased to announce that SCE Federal Credit Union will begin offering its members mobile banking services on January 16, 2012 through a partnership with CSCU and MShift, Inc.