On-demand learning, at the click of a button.
The EMV transition is coming. Welcome to your on-demand learning center for a comprehensive EMV history and overview and critical credit union information.
Podcast: Judging EMV
Hosted by Barney Moore, CSCU Senior Portfolio Consultant
THE JUDGE HAS SPOKEN. AND WE HAVE A LOT TO SAY ABOUT IT.
The Federal Reserve Board’s final rule on Regulation II, Debit Card Interchange Fees and Routing, created a significant hurdle for the migration to EMV debit cards in the U.S. Recently a federal judge vacated the rule, stating it did not adhere to the regulation’s intent.
What does this mean to you?
Listen to our free on-demand podcast, Judging EMV, and learn about the challenges created by the Durbin amendment in migrating debit cards to EMV, and the impact of the judge’s ruling.
EMV Webcast Series • August - October 2014
EMV experts from CPI share their insights and answer critical questions through a 3-part series:
Part 1: EMV 101- Easing Into the Transition of EMV
Presented by Tony McGee, Customer Care Manager, CPI
- Considerations, milestones and decisions needed throughout the EMV journey from an issuer's perspective. Key milestones explored include product training needs, product definitions, key ceremonies, card manufacturing and fulfillment. (Repeat of breakout session at SC14.)
Part 2: Impact of EMV
Presented by Docia Myer,VP of Financial Sales, CPI
- The perceived complexity of migration can be overwhelming and this workshop aims to take the mystery out of EMV. Key exploration includes deliverables and timeline for the EMV migration, production lead times, design considerations (rebranding/innovation, value add-ons (loyalty/reward) and lessons learned from Europe/Canada.
Part 3: EMV Through the Eyes of the Consumer
Presented by Docia Myer, VP of Financial Sales, CPI
- As the U.S. market migration to EMV continues, do we really understand how, in a complex payments market, we keep our focus on the customer experience? Taking lessons learned from previous global market migrations, this session aims to highlight best practice initiatives transferable into the US, unique marketing challenges in relation to the US and the benefits of industry collaboration in supporting the customer experience.
Navigating the EMV Payments Ecosystem • July 2013
EMV experts from FIS share their insights and answer critical questions including:
- What are the business drivers for EMV and how does it impact my organization?
- What do the liability shifts and deadlines mean and will they change?
- Advice and recommendations as to when and how to plan for EMV.
- Regulatory and compliance impacts related to debit and Durbin.
- What is FIS's development road map for credit, debit, prepaid, card production, network merchant acquiring and ATM?
- What tools and best practices are available to help my institution in establishing a cost-effective card reissuance strategy?
A recording of this webcast can be accessed on the FIS Client Portal
. The information is located on the home page within the Services area under FIS Client Webinar Series, specifically 2013 Webinars. If you need access to the FIS Portal or do not remember your login credentials, please email FIS.Corporate.Communications@fisglobal.com.
View the Presentation
Preparing for EMV - What Your Credit Union Needs to Know • March 2013
EMV and chip cards are one of the biggest topics in the card industry today. Join us and our partner FIS for a webcast that will give you a clearer picture of how EMV will be implemented and what your credit union can expect.
The webcast covers the following topics:
- Timelines and milestone dates that all credit unions should know
- What is FIS doing to implement EMV?
- What is expected of my credit union to adopt EMV for my members?
- What's next?
EMV - Lessons Learned from the Canadian Migration • October 2012
Many lessons can be learned from the nearly decade-long Canadian migration to EMV. There are distinct and important differences between the U.S. and Canadian markets that will have a notable impact upon EMV migration in the U.S.
The webcast covers the following topics:
- Learning from the Canadian migration to EMV
- Key differences between Canada and U.S. EMV migration
- Pros and cons of EMV options that need to be considered
- Steps financial institutions need to take in 2013 and beyond
- How FIS can provide guidance and help financial institutions prepare for EMV implementation
EMV Chip Card Essentials • February 2012
With EMV smartcards, counterfeit card fraud is essentially eliminated. This webcast examines EMV's history, why EMV is the right choice for the U.S., and the schedule for its arrival on U.S. shores. This webcast also examines the different options for card issuers to deploy EMV, their relative value, and how to decide which option to take. The session will briefly touch on how the EMV rollout bears on another major payment technology in development: mobile payments and NFC-based payments.
EMV 101 • August 2011
This workshop video provides a comprehensive overview of EMV, including EMV payment processes and how they differ from magnetic stripe transactions; an overview of the EMV ecosystem players; issuer EMV options and their implications for card acceptance; business drivers for EMV; and comparison of contactless EMV, contactless MSD and NFC mobile contactless; convergence of EMV, contactless and NFC.