Careers at CSCU
Title of Position
: VP Consulting
Position reports to
Reporting to this Position
: Responsible for the
leadership and management of all aspects of the company’s consulting efforts
and is a member of the senior management team engaged in all operational and
strategic aspects of the business.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Actively participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing strategic business plans to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Directs the overall activities of the consulting team and provides leadership for our overall consulting efforts.
- Responsible for consulting P&L and allocation of company resources.
- Develop and enhance consulting offerings that meet corporate and client objectives. This includes the design of product features, product pricing, contractual terms, and quality standards.
- Develop processes and frameworks that effectively deliver the designed consulting offerings.
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of consultants to deliver impactful consulting engagements.
- Oversee dozens of consulting projects annually to ensure high quality engagements that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Write and follow up on proposals, leads, and other business possibilities to develop and bring in new business.
- Succeed in developing and maintaining relationships with key C-Level Executives and decision makers. Manage client expectations while cultivating client relationships.
- Proactively engage with clients in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to deliver impactful messaging on our capabilities and solutions and consult with clients around adoption and on-going uses.
- Manage projects focused on the development and implementation solutions while continuing to be hands-on.
- Represent CSCU at client presentations/meetings, tradeshows, conferences, board meetings and other speaking opportunities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of ten (10) years experience in the specific or related field. Prior senior management
level experience preferred..
Company / Industry Knowledge
leadership experience in technology, analytics and/or consulting services firms
strongly preferred. Knowledge of credit union or financial services
industry a plus.
Leadership & Management Skills
- Prior experience in proposal preparation, project and staff management, and service development.
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of basic principles of management, operations, and good judgment in their application to financial services.
- Understanding of several facets of financial services including, but not limited to, vendor management, payments, compliance, and security.
- Proven capability in consulting service development and management and delivery of services to clients.
:Strong business acumen. Strong project management skills. Ability to comfortably interact with executive level clients. Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company. Strong leadership and managerial skills – has the respect and confidence of senior management and can motivate and encourage staff and lead by example. A strategic thinker who understands the big picture and business issues, and can also oversee day-to-day operations. Detail oriented and organized. Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
:Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively present information to top management, board of directors and other key personnel. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
:Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
:Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and a contact database product.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Significant overnight travel is required (up to 50%) along with the ability to work effectively throughout the U.S. dealing with very different and numerous clients.